[netCDF #BZN-739950]: Minor patches to NetCDF 3.6.2

> Hi Unidata Support,
>
> I'm very happy with the final version of NetCDF 3.6.2: much better
> configuration control and compilation of shared libraries out of the
> box.

Thanks!

> I'm afraid though that I spotted a few (though small) errors:
>
> 1) Disabling C compilation using "configure --disable-c" doesn't
> really work as advertised since the Makefile still descends into the
> libsrc directory. I've made the fix to Makefile.am and the equivalent
> in Makefile.in

Yes, you are quite right. Unfortunately there is also the challenge of getting
"make check" to work in such cases. I have fixed this, and also added this test
case to the nightly netCDF testing.

This fix will be in the netCDF snapshot tomorrow.

> 2) A minor error in the NetCDF F90 manpage as well as in the HTML
> version. A function is name "nf90_Inqire_Variable", which should be
> "nf90_inquire_variable". I know the upper/lower case is irrelevant,
> but the missing "u" is, and all other functions are written lower
> case only.

Thanks, this is now fixed, as can be seen here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs_snapshot/netcdf_f90-man.html

> 3) Linking of C++ uses local directory names -L. -L../libsrc. This is
> a problem when moving shared libraries elsewhere. Besides, they are
> not even needed. I made the changes to the NetCDF 3 portion of cxx/
> Makefile.am and the equivalent in cxx/Makefile.in

I have fixed this as well.

> Please find attached the patch file.
>
> Cheers,
> Remko