[netCDF #CXW-877910]: installation version 3.6.2 on IBM AIX 5.3 make check failed for fortran

Anne,

Here's something that has been reported to work with xlf and -qextname:

  configure --prefix=/myhomedir F77=xlf_r FC=xlf90_r FCFLAGS='qsuffix=f=f90
-qextname' FFLAGS=-qextname CPPFLAGS='-DIBMR2Fortran -Dextname'
LIBS=-lSystemStubs

I'm not sure how much of this is necessary in your case, but it looks like
explicitly specifying -qextname for FCFLAGS, FFLAGS, and CPPFLAGS is advisable
and using -DIBMR2Fortran rather than -DpgiFortran for CPPFLAGS may work.  If
you get a combination that works for you, please let us know.  If you can't get
it working, please send all the information requested here so we can try to
duplicate the problem and find a solution:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install.html#Reporting-Problems

Thanks!

--Russ

Ticket ID: CXW-877910