[netCDF #PRZ-859052]: failure to build netCDF with pgi compilers

Hi Grant,

I can't get access to the Linux platfrom on which we ave installed PGI
compilers and it looks like I'll have to wait until our PGI expert returns from
vacation in a couple of weeks to try to duplicate your error.  In the meantime,
I can suggest some things to try:

 1.  Instead of manually editing config.h which is a generated file, try
setting the appropriate environment veariables beofre runing the configure
script that generates config.h. Specifically, you could try setting the
environment variable CPPFLAGS=-DpgiFortran.  The configure script is supposed
to be able to figure out that this needs setting, but if it wasn't in your
config.h, it looks like that didn't work correctly.

 2.  Look at the suggestions from this Portland Group site, which are for neCDF
version 3.6.0 but may work for 3.6.2 as well:

   http://www.pgroup.com/resources/netcdf/netcdf360_pgi60.htm

 3.  Try this configuration that worked for version 3.6.1:

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#pg6

Please let us know if any of these work for you.  If none of them do, please
send the information requested here to help us duplicate and debug the problem:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Reporting-Problems.html

Thanks!

--Russ

Ticket ID: PRZ-859052