[netCDF #WVT-197251]: netcdf check failure 3.6.2

> Thanks for the reply... we have the most updated version of 5.2 but the
> latest compiler is already 7.x.  We will by upgrading the compiler on this
> machine in the next while so I will try again then.  IN the meantime I will
> see if I can get one fo the precompiled versions to coexist with the other
> software.
>
> Thanks again for the help.  From where I sit you can close this ticket for
> now
>
> Regards
> Brian

OK, be careful, because that version of the fortran compiler is apparently
broken when it comes to array sections. Writing code with such a compiler
version seems risky!

However, if you wish to live the risky life, then you could just ignore that
test result and install the netCDF that was just built, by using "make install"

You might also switch to gfortran, which comes with gcc starting with version
4. It's free and works well with netCDF, but I don't know how it rates on
performance on heavily numerical code.

Good luck, and let us know if you need more help!

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: WVT-197251
Department: Support netCDF