[netCDF #SWV-560841]: Linking problem to pgf90 (Fortran90, Portland compiler)

> Dear Ed, again
>
> Well, I have been running make test. I can not see any error messages
> then. When running make check, it also seems to be an ok test (see
> attached file). One thing concerns me though. When running the make
> check command (and make test) there are loads of tests such as:
> ./nf_test
> *** Testing nf_strerror ...
> *** Testing nf_open ...
> *** Testing nf_close ...
> *** Testing nf_inq ...
> *** Testing nf_inq_dimid ...
> and so on.....
>
> but I do NOT see any *** Testing nf90_functions .....

Those are tested in the nf_test directory, by a program called tst_f90.

> when running the make check:
> there are tests in the directory f90, e.g.:
> Making `test' in directory /usr/local/netcdf-3.6.1/src/f90
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/netcdf-3.6.1/src/f90'
> ./netcdf_test
> *** Success ***
>

> So, my theory is that it is possible to use the predefined nf90_xxx
> functions, but in some settings my compiler only finds nf_xxx functions.
> Thus a path problem
> Unfortunately I do not know how to solve this issue. PLEASE HELP ME!!
>
> best regards
> Johan

This is all good news, because now we know that the f90 api built and works OK
on your machine. It's just a question of using it.

When you installed netCDF, it should have put two files in your include
directory, typesizes.mod and netcdf.mod. Can you look and see if they are there?

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: SWV-560841
Department: Support netCDF