[netCDF #HFT-267495]: install netcdf in visual fortran

> I need to read netcdf files in Compaq Visual Fortran (Windows).
> I have followed all the instructions. But I have some problems:
>
> This is what I have done: ( I have used the static libraries)
>
> -          I put ncdumps.exe and ncgens.exe in c:/program
> files/Microsoft Visual Studio/DF98/BIN
>
> -          I put netcdf.inc ---------------------------C:/Program
> Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/DF98/INCLUDE
>
> -          I put netcdfs.lib----------------------------C:/ Program
> Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/DF98/LIB
>
> I write this little program to prove if it works:
>
> program main
> include 'netcdf.inc'
> write(*,*) 'Run nf_create'
> ncid=nf_create('test.nc',nf_clobber,1)
> write(*,*) ncid
> end
>
> When running gives these errors:
>
> Text1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _NF_CREATE@16
> Debug/Text1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
> Error executing link.exe.
>
> What do you think is wrong with it?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Izaro

Howdy Izaro!

Get the latest beta DLL from here:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/win32_pgi_dll.tar.gz

This contains a DLL (libnetcdf-4.dll), and the netcdf.inc file for fortran.

(Note that this is a new name for the DLL, so change that in your environment.)

This is experimental, but I hope it will work for you. Please let me know!

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: HFT-267495
Department: Support netCDF