[netCDF #GDB-514857]: RE: using netCDF for storing data from realtime source

Sjur,

I just constructed a small test case to time appending a record to a file using
the C++ interface when there are a large number of records.  I use a variable
that required 1 Mbyte for each record, and timed appending a record when the
number of records already in the file was 1, 250, 500, 1000, and 2000.  I saw
only small differences in the time to append a record, though it's possible
that the file was cached in memory, so I wasn't really timing I/O properly.  I
just tried it again after a few minutes of doing other things, and the time is
still the same for appending record 2001.

I think the effect you saw should be large enough to show up with 2000 times as
many records.  So for now, I can't reproduce the problem, and will assume it's
not a bug in netCDF.  But thanks for checking and reporting the problem, it's
actually good to gain confidence that things seem to be working the way I think
they should :-).

--Russ

Ticket ID: GDB-514857
Department: Support netCDF