[netCDF #VUK-280941]: How to use nco in redhat in a simple way?

Hi Lin,

> ... I don't know if nco have been installed
> completely, but when I use "ncrename" , my redhat linux can not find
> this command.

Installing NCO involves more than just running the "configure" script.  After
executing "configure", you also have to run "make install".  You can specify
where the executables like ncrename will be installed with a "--prefix=..."
argument to configure, as in

  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/

to make sure executables such as ncrename will be installed in
/usr/local/bin/ncrename (for example).

Alternatively, you could install NCO binaries for Redhat, avoiding the
configure and compile steps, by using an RPM for NCO, for example:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/1126877/com/nco-1.2.1-1.i386.rpm.html

To see other NCO RPM's, just Google for "nco rpm".

Unidata doesn't maintain or support NCO, so I'm sorry to say we can't answer
specific questions about how to get NCO running from source in particular
development environments.

--Russ

Ticket ID: VUK-280941
Department: Support netCDF