[netCDF #SCT-388171]: FW: Data extraction

Hi Joo-Youp,

Sorry, but I'm not an Excel user so I don't know much about importing data into
Excel.  I thought comma separated values (CSV) was a common way to import data
into Excel.  Maybe I misunderstand your question, but if you need to get rid of
the commas, there are many utility programs that could do that.  Maybe you need
to use a very long line for each row, so that all the values for a single
latitude are in one line?  In that case, you can use the "-l linelength" option
to ncdump to make sure the output lines are long enough to contain all the
values for each latitude, such as

  $ ncdump -l 10000 -v precip precip.mon.ltm.nc

I use Unix, and an example of how to also convert the commas to blanks could be
done with the "sed" (stream editor) utility in Unix, for example:

   $ ncdump -l 10000 -v precip precip.mon.ltm.nc | sed 's/,/ /g'

--Russ

Ticket ID: SCT-388171
Department: Support netCDF