[netCDF #RXZ-619984]: big size of netcdf file

I have to deal with writting a netcdf big size file and I'm studying better
programatical practices  in matlab.I have done a format translator from ascii
to special formatted netcdf in matlab, and if ascii file is big enough (40MB),
hangs the computer (because of lack on ram).I'm  thinking  on making  a step by
step reading (alwais matlab), wich can  be done with comands like frewind,
fscanf, count, offset, but what I don't know is how to write tep by step in
netcdf. Do netcdf has tools to move writting head, as offset in
matlab?cheers,Eduard Barandallaoceanographerspain