[netCDF #AAG-266617]: On building netCDF3.6.1 on AMD opteron using PGI compilers

Hi Yongxin,

From the attachments you sent, your netCDF installation was successful and all
the required tests passed when you used gcc and g++ as the C and C++ compilers
with the pgf77 and pgf90 Fortran compilers.  The error messages in config.log
can be ignored if the tests from "make check" all passed successfully, since
config.log just records the output of tests to determine the configuration to
use, and some of these are expected to fail.

So if you can use the resulting library compiled with gcc for your netCDF
application, you can be fairly confidentt it will work OK from the results of
the "make check".  If you have to use the PGI C version 6.1-5 compiler, I'm
sorry to say we can't help debug the problem any further.  We don't have that
compiler installed here on that platform, so we can't duplicate the problem.
You might try the settings Jason Elsom used that he reported success with here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#pg6

or alternatively try our latest beta release 3.6.2-beta4 available here:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.gz

or post your question to the netcdfgroup mailing list (about 1000 users) to see
if anyone else has gotten this to work.

--Russ

Ticket ID: AAG-266617
Department: Support netCDF