[netCDF #KGU-334499]: Is netCDF compatible with SunFire 4100 platform (AMD64 chipset)?

Hi Bob,

I suspect netCDF will build fine "out of the box" on a SunFire X4100.  One of
our development and testing platforms (from which I'm replying to your message)
is a Solaris 10 x86 machine, and netCDF builds fine on that.  I've verified
that it's little-endian, and all the tests run OK.

The documentation about using "xarch=v9" is also old, and we'll have to update
it.  Currently the autoconf-generated configure script that builds the
Makefiles for this Solaris 10 x86 platfomr doesn't use "xarch=v9".

--Russ

Ticket ID: KGU-334499
Department: Support netCDF