[netCDF #ATH-750680]: installing NetCDF on osx10.4 G5dual

> Dear Ed,
> Let me know when these messages get to full of copied text from previous
> ones.  Per your last instruction I have visited
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/old_docs/INSTALL_pre_360.html#SetEnvVar
> and done the following:
>
> FC=/Applications/absoft/bin
> CPPFLAGS=-DAbsoftProFortran
> make distclean
> ./configure > conf.out
> After running the configure script I got this message to the screen.
> ERROR: Unrecognized arguments: -print-search-dirs
> ERROR: Unrecognized arguments: -print-search-dirs
> ERROR: No input files.
> ERROR: No input files.
> Ignoring this, ignorance is bliss, I continued.
> make check > make.out
> These lines were written to the screen following the make test
> nctest SUCCESS!!!
> ERROR: Unrecognized arguments: -p../f90
> make[2]: *** [test_get.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>
> Attached are the two files you requested.
> Sincerely,
> pjk

OK, now I see what the problem is...

This is related to Absoft. You may be interested to know that we are in the
process of buying Absoft fortran right now so that netCDF can build with it
more successfully.

In the meantime, go to the Makefile in the nf_test directory. Change "-p../f90"
to "-I../f90" everywhere in the makefile. That is, change the -p to -I
everywhere.

Then run a make check in that directory and see what it does.

Ed

Ticket ID: ATH-750680
Department: Support netCDF