[Support #JQF-464335]: netCDF and PathScale

> Ed
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> We are running SUse Linux on an Opterron cluster
> (uname -a
> Linux master 2.6.11.7-suse92-osmp #9 SMP Tue Apr 12 14:19:08 EDT 2005 x86_64
> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
>
> It is 64 bit and I just uncovered the following
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Building-on-64-Bit-Platforms.html#Building-on-64-Bit-Platforms
>
> SunOS
> Use the -xarch=v9 flag on all compilers. This is not supported on the x86
> platform
> Not sure if this applies here.

This will not be a problems as long as you don't use the --enable-64bit on your
configure call.

> I did the following:
>

> export CC=pathcc
> export FC=pathf90
> export F90=pathf90
> export CXX=pathCC
> export CFLAGS=-Df2cFortran (from
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#pathscale-auth)
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local (output, configure.TXT, attached)
>
> make
>
> make test > make.test.out (attached)....
>
> In doing this again I have been unable to duplicate my error.

Perfect!

> Since I defined prefix=/usr/local, I believe I need to have root access to
> do make install. Since I did configure, make, and make test as myself, will
> there be a problem?

Yes, you will need permission to install there.

There is no problem building it as you and then installing it as root. This is
the usual way it is done, in fact.

Keep on netCDFing!

Ed Hartnett

Ticket ID: JQF-464335