[netCDF #VMV-398330]: netCDF on Mac Intel

Howdy Kurt!

I certainly expect that netCDF will run on the Mac Intel platform, but I
haven't tried yet. (Though one of our netCDF programmers is rumored to be
buying one soon, so then we can test it.)

I can't promise it will work, but I can say that if it doesn't, I would regard
it as a bug in the release and I would try and get it fixed. And it's a rare
platform where netCDF can't be compiled with *some* combination of compiler
flags.

One other note - if you do try this, make sure you try it with the 3.6.2 beta
release, instead of the 3.6.1 release. The build system is completely
overhauled in 3.6.2 and it is more portable than 3.6.1 (I believe).

Thanks, and if you do try this, please do let me know how it works for you.

Ed Hartnett

Ticket ID: VMV-398330
Department: Support netCDF