[netCDF #JWJ-461169]: ZOZ-911993

Howdy Joao!

The entire windows situation has been a mess from the beginning, since windows
is so different from Unix.

The difference between the different versions of netCDF can be found in the
RELEASE_NOTES file, there you can see the differences between 3.6.1 and 3.5.0.

The good news with Windows is that the new build method, just introduced with
3.6.2 (now available in beta), allows the windows DLL to be built (including
fortran) with cygwin, using exactly the same build files as are used on Unix.
This is all due to the use of libtool.

If you didn't understand any of the preceeding paragraph just be a little more
patient. I am preparing a new set of web documentation today regarding netCDF
and windows, which will try and answer all questions.

I will also have a DLL for you to try out, which will be the very latest netCDF
code, as a windows DLL.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: JWJ-461169