Re: 20060103:netCDF Fortran (77 + 90) - Problem with option +ppu on HP-UX64bit

Jérémie <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> For information, using the +ppu option causes the HP Fortran 90
> compiler to append an underscore to external names (including
> procedures and common blocks), making them consistent with the name as
> it appears in the non-Fortran source file.
> For example, if a Fortran source file contains the procedure
> proc_array, and a C source file reference this procedure as
> proc_array_, compiling the Fortran source file with the +ppu option
> causes the compiler to use proc_array_ as the name of the procedure in
> the Fortran object file.
>
> It's the reason I use this option, because I call other libraries for
> my program!!
> Compile with the +ppu option seems returns in conflict with the netcdf
> sources.
>
> You always haven't any solution for me?

You are writing C code or fortran code?

You are calling the netcdf fortran library right? The problem is,
netcdf already has something in place which adds those
underscores. You your +ppu option is presumably adding another
underscore.

If you are calling C libraries from fortran anyway, try calling the
netcdf C library.

Ed

--
Ed Hartnett  -- address@hidden