Re: netCDF Fortran (77 + 90) - Unresolved reference to netcdf objects

"Jon Larsen" <address@hidden> writes:

> Ed -
>
> Thank you for your prompt response.
>
> I took the liberty of reinstalling netcdf-3.6.0-p1.  Running
> "./configure" seemed to run okay but gave hundreds of warning
> messages.  Then when running "make test", I encounter some errors: 1)
> many, many unresolved references to all of the NF_routines, 2) and
> after the message that the link failed I get:
>
>         make[2]: *** [nf_test] Error 1
>         make[1]: *** [subdir_target] Error 1
>         make: *** [nf_test/test] Error 2
>
> So it does look like some compiler/linker switches need to be changed?
> Do you have any ideas which ones?  I'm running Absoft Pro Fortran.
>
> Thank you for your efforts.
>
> Jon Larsen

Howdy Jon!

I believe you must get the 3.6.1 beta release to compile with
absoft. The beta is very stable. In fact, we are about to release it
as 3.6.1, after we add one more obscure test.

Get the beta, and try the settings listed here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#absoft

If that doesn't work, send me *ALL* of the information listed here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Reporting-Problems.html

Let me know how it works for you...

Thanks,

Ed