Re: netCDF General - installation problems

"anthony morrison" <address@hidden> writes:

> Institution: monash university
> Package Version: netcdf -3.6.0-p1
> Operating System: mac OSX Version 10.4.3
> Hardware Information: 1.42 GHz Power PC G4, 512 MB DDR SDRAM
> Inquiry: So, i have been trying to install netcdf for quite some time now and
> really - i can't! HELP!
>
> I have been down many dark and gloomy alleys and nothing seems to work - my
> latest attempt is straight off your website as this seems to give the
> smallest number of errors encountered in the make test command!
>
> Please, really HELP! the attachment is everything that is done to my system -
> it should (i think) contain all the information you require.
>
> Thanks for taking the time to help me - I really appreciate it - I REALLY
> REALLY DO! IF YOU FIX THIS, TO EVERY ONE INVOLVED I WILL OWE A CARMA DEBT!!
>
> Thanx
>
> Tony Morrison

Howdy Tony!

First, do you want the C++ API?

I assume that you want the F77 and F90 APIs, correct?

Secondly, you need to do a make distclean and build from scratch, and
send me the full output (preferably as ASCII instead of rtf).

Also I would like you to try it without setting CC. Just set F77 and
F90, and F90FLAGS, and see if configure can figure out the system for
you.

Send me the full output. Looks like some compiler configuration
issues. NetCDF does compile on macs, and does compile with xlf, so
there will be some combination of environment vars that get it to work
for you.

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- address@hidden