Re: 20051116:Install on Mac OX 10.2.8

John,

> Thanks for your detailed help it is very much appreciated.  I had
> trouble with OS X 10.2.8 so I upgraded to OS X 10.4.
> I think things went ok.  I downloaded the binary and after
> installation I typed "uname -a" in terminal as suggested.  I got
> Darwin mwah395.d.umn.edu 8.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.0.0: Sat Mar
> 26 14:15:22 PST 2005; root:xnu-792.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh
> powerpc
>
> So I assume I am good to go right?  That is, I don't ned to proceed
> with your other instructions that start with
> "Building netCDF from source on Mac OS X is not difficult ..."  ??

Right, you should be able to compile applications with the newly
installed libraries or use the ncdump/ncgen utilities.  For linking
other utilities that use netcdf, just remember they have all been
installed in /usr/local/, so you'll need to use compiler flags like
-I/usr/local/include and linker flags like -L/usr/local/lib ...

--Russ