Re: 20050826:netcdf build

Unidata Support <address@hidden> writes:

> ed, sorry if you got this twice..just wanted to make sure you got it :)..jw

Howdy!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems installing netCDF. We
try to ensure an easy build process on a wide variety of platforms,
but things don't always work out.

Most installation problems can be solved by setting one or more
environment variables. (If you don't know how to do this see:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Specifying-the-Environment-for-Building.html).

Please see if we already managed to build netCDF on your platform. If
so, the necessary environmental settings, and build output will be
found here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/docs/builds.html

If your platform isn't listed, then see if another netCDF user has
already reported settings that work:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html

If none of that works, get the latest beta release, which may
work. Get the beta here:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.6.1-beta.tar.gz

If none of this helps, try following the instructions here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/The-Usual-Build-Problems.html

If you still can't get it to build, send *all* of the information
requested here (yes, it's a lot, but I need it all):
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Reporting-Problems.html

Thanks,

Ed Hartnett
Unidata