Re: help on compiling NetCDF

Yonghui Wu <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Sir/Madam:
>
> I am Yonghui Wu, I try to generate the NetCDF library on our SGI Origin
> R8000 machine. However, when I run 'configure' the find many errors in
> config.log. I once modified the macros.make to give the correct cc and
> cpp locations. However, I fail in get the right library. Would you please
> tell me how to do the compiling with our SGI machine. Thanks in advance.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Yonghui

Howdy!

Could you please first look at this to see if it helps:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#altix-360

You don't need to modify any of the distribution files to change
compilers, etc. Instead set environment variables as described here:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Specifying-the-Environment-for-Building.html

I would also suggest that you get the latest beta release
(3.6.1-beta3), which contains various changes to make netcdf install
better on unknown platforms.

Get the beta here:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.6.1-beta3.tar.gz

If none of this helps, try following the instructions here:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/The-Usual-Build-Problems.html

If you still can't get it to build, send *all* of the information
requested here:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Reporting-Problems.html

Thanks,

Ed