Re: Absoft9.2 and netcdf

Hi John,

>    Craig Mattocks suggested that I send you my script for compiling
> netcdf with Absoft 9.2 running under Tiger (10.4.2).  One caveat is
> that the flags used in script must be used in compiling programs
> accessing the library, especially NOT having the -YEXT_NAMES and
> -YEXT_SFX options present.  Also, I've compilied on a Dual G5 so
> I could get the 64-bit form of the library.  Hope this provides
> some guidance for others.

Thanks for sending this.  We had a previous report of a different and
simpler method of building netCDF for Absoft compilers:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/docs/other-builds.html#absoft

that just uses

  CPPFLAGS="-DAbsoftProFortran"
  FLIBS="-lU77"

I could include both methods, but would rather offer users some
guidance about whether to use your script or the above settings.
Unfortunately I don't have access to the Absoft compilers on Mac OS
X.  Were you able to try the above and discover something wrong with
it that led to developing your script, or do you happen to know
anything that would help guide a user to which of these two methods of
building on Mac OS X to use?

--Russ