Re: 20050822:netCDF Fortran (77 + 90) - configure does not support .obj files

Unidata Support <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

Howdy!

It's true that using MS VC++ as the compiler with Cygwin is not one of
our currently supported combinations. I would like it to be, but it's
not.

Have you tried using the .sln files to compile netCDF within visual
studio?

Or can you patch the configure.ac file to make this work? If so, I
could incorporate your patches.

I sense that this would not be too difficult to do, but there is a
long list of development tasks that have a higher priority right now -
we are working on a major upgrade, to netCDF 4.0.

So I'm afraid there are no immediate plans to get this working, but if
you can figure it out, I would be happy to incorporate the changes
into future releases.

Thanks,

Ed
--