Re: 20050713: netCDF General - Segmentation fault

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Misha Krassovski" <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF General - Segmentation fault

Hi Misha,

> I ran in to the following problem and couldn't find any info about.
>
> I extract data from a database (mySQL based) and have to create a
> netcdf file and make it available for download. Everything is done
> though the web. I have no problem to extract data from the database
> and form a cdl file (I use php). But when I try to generate nc file
> using ncgen, then I recieve the following error: Segmentation fault.
>
> As an example of cdl files that I generate based on extracted data I
> attach results.cdl file.

In CDL, you need to use a separate declaration for each variable.  It
doesn't allow factoring out the type for a list of variables.  So the
declarations need to look like this:

variables:
        int Station;
        int Month;
        int Day;
        int Year;
        int BottomDepth;
        int BottleNumber;
        int Cast;
        int Depth(Depth);

etc.

Nevertheless, ncgen shouldn't have gotten a segmentation fault when
parsing the CDL you provided, but should have produced an error
message instead.  Thanks for reporting this bug in ncgen.

--Russ