Re: netCDF Fortran (77 + 90) - ld failure for

"Jeff Copes" <address@hidden> writes:

> Institution: consultant
> Package Version: netcdf-3.6.0-p1
> Operating System: macosx 10.4
> Hardware Information: Mac Mini 1.2 Ghz G4 512 Mb RAM
> Inquiry: Compiling and testing from my own configuration and from the script
> at http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/contrib/macosx-xlf.sh
>  gave the following results when make test was run in src/nf_test:
>
> xlf -o nf_test -O5 -qtune=auto -qarch=auto -qhot -qinitauto -qsave
> test_get.o test_put.o nf_error.o nf_test.o test_read.o
>  test_write.o util.o fortlib.o ../libsrc/libnetcdf.a
> 1586-206 (S) Unresolved reference to symbol "vfprintf$LDBLStub".
> 1586-206 (S) Unresolved reference to symbol "fprintf$LDBLStub".
> 1586-204 (S) Unresolved references to objects are detected.
> 1586-341 (U) Code generation was not performed due to previously detected
> errors. Object file not created.
> gnumake[2]: *** [nf_test] Error 1
> gnumake[1]: *** [subdir_target] Error 1
> make: *** [nf_test/test] Error 2
> ... done.
>
> Please advise if anyone knows where these two objects reside. Both seem to be
> named on the fly.
>
> Only changes I made were to file src/fortran/cfortran.h to prevent premature
> exit on make due to unknown environment .
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Copes

Ah, well, you can't make that change in cfortran.h and have it work!

Throw away your changes to cfortran.h. (Just unpack the tarball again
if it's easiest.) Then try setting environment variable
CPPFLAGS=-DpgiFortran and do:

make distclean && ./configure && make

If that doesn't work, email me again and let me know.

Thanks, and good luck!

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- address@hidden