Re: 20050613:netcdf 4 HDF5 1.8.0

"Renaud, William A." <address@hidden> writes:

> Just wanted to let you know I have still been taking a look at netcdf4.  I
> am using the alpha7 version, and get a compile error because H5S_NULL isn't
> defined.  It's used in the nc4hdf.c file, and I can't fine H5S_NULL defined
> in any .h or .c files in netcdf or hdf5.  Has this been seen before?  This
> is on AIX using the IBM XL compilers.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Howdy Bill,

This is something that is introduced into HDF5 for the 1.8 (i.e. the
upcoming) release.

I believe that the latest development snapshot for HDF5 will work for
you. Get from the HDF5 website and build as usual.

Then pass the root location of HDF5 to the netCDF-4 configure script:

./configure --with-hdf5=/usr/local

Where user local is the directory ABOVE the include, bin and lib
directories that contain HDF5.

I would be very interested to learn what features you are most
interested in for netCDF-4, and how you plan to use it.

Thanks for your interested in netCDF-4. I'm working on the beta
release now - it will be out this Summer.

Thanks,

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- address@hidden