20050602: spammers got into Unidata's netcdfgroup list

>From: "Dave Allured" <address@hidden>

Hi Dave,

re:
>A most exquisite SNAFU, caused by a silly virus mail I think.

Exactly.

>I got a suspension notice too.  Perhaps everyone did.  I'm not sure if
>the suspension notice is accurate or not.

It is _not_!  Please ignore the suspension notices sent to the
Unidata netcdfgroup email list yesterday.

>If accurate, how could I have
>possibly have received Nancy's message?
>
>Support @ unidata ??   HELLLPPPP !!!!     ;-)

What happened was that an email address that was registered to the list
got spoofed by a spammer.  We have taken new steps to try to make sure
that this never happens again.  As you know, the job of keeping ahead
of the email spammers is a never ending battle (argh!).

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas