Date:    Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:12:10 +0200
From:    Rene Redler <address@hidden>To:      Steve Emmerson <steve@unidat
          a.ucar.edu>
cc:      address@hidden, address@hidden
Subject: Re: 20050422: Linux 32-bit Absoft & Intel "make nf_test/test" failure

Steve,

> Is the name of the Absoft C compiler "gcc"?
>
> What is the name of
>
>     1.  the Absoft Fortran compiler;

f90

>     2.  the Intel C compiler; and

I did not use it

>     3.  the Intel Fortran compiler?

ifort

I used the Intel Fortran and GNU c compiler gcc when
building the various NetCDF libraries, in particular
gcc version 3.3.3 20040412 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.3-7).

> The Intel Fortran compiler uses the same calling conventions as the
> Portland Group Fortran compiler.  The "cfortran.h" file that you sent
> basically uses the "pgiFortran" definitions -- so it should work for the
> Intel Fortran compiler.
>
> Alternatively, when using the Intel Fortran compiler, you can use the
> "cfortran.h" file that comes with the distribution if the environment
> variable CPPFLAGS defines the C macro "pgiFortran" before the configure
> script is executed, e.g.,
>
>     export CPPFLAGS="-DpgiFortran"
>     ./configure ...
>
> Also, when using the Intel Fortran compiler, try setting the following
> environment variables to the indicated values before executing the
> configure script:
>
>     export FLIBS="-L/opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib -lPEPCF90"
>     FFLAGS="-O -mp"

The Intel Fortran Compiler 8.1 does not provide a libPEPCF90.a anymore.
FFLAGS="-O -mp" is sufficient to have nf_test completed successfully.
Thank you very much for pointing this out.

Rene

------- End of Original Message