  • Subject: Re: netCDF 3.6.0 Fortran problem
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:58:05 -0600
Steve Emmerson <address@hidden> writes:

> Ed,
>
>>Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:27:44 -0600
>>From: Ed Hartnett <address@hidden>
>>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>>Subject: Re: netCDF 3.6.0 Fortran problem
>
> The above message contained the following:
>
>> I'm working at home today. Did the user send the make test output? If
>> you could forward to me I'll take a look.
>
> I CC'ed you in my reply to them.  It seems that the 3.6.0 configure
> script doesn't work correctly for the Intel or Absoft Fortran compilers
> on a Linux system.
>
> Regards,
> Steve Emmerson

Yes, that is correct. For intel settings, see:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/builds/LINUX_3_6_0_ifort.txt

I don't have an Absoft compiler, so I can't try that one.

I'll be adding the intel compiler to future releases, but we don't
know when 3.6.1 will be.

For the absoft compiler, they need the 3.6.1 beta release. That's
because 3.6.0 contians a stupid bug (my fault) that breaks absoft
builds. 3.6.1 beta is just 3.6.0 with this stupid bug fixed.

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- address@hidden

--- End Message ---