Re: 20050419: netCDF 4.0 parallel I/O

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Yu-heng Tseng" <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF Fortran (77 + 90) - Any parallel I/O example in netCDF 4.0?

Hi,

> Inquiry: It seems netCDF 4.0 has the capacity handling parallel I/O. I
> am interested in testing parallel I/O using it. However, I am not sure
> if it has been tested or has some problems. Thanks.

No, netCDF 4.0 won't be released until this summer, probably late July
or August.  We may have a beta release available somewhat sooner than
that, and will announce it on the netcdfgroup mailing list and the web
site when it's available.

The current alpha release of netCDF-4.0 is not complete, and the
parallel I/O has not been well-tested.  We are confident it has some
problems,and it will be undergoing some testing soon.

--Russ