Re: 20050413:problems with netcdf/C++ on SGI/IRIX (fwd)

Mary Haley <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Ed,
>
> I sent this message last week about my difficulty of building
> netCDF-3.6.0-p1 on tempest, but didn't hear back.  I'm kind of anxious
> to get 3.6.0-p1 installed on tempest (our SGI supercomputer), because
> we have 3.6.0-p1 running on the IBMs and the LINUX systems, and
> tempest is now behind.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Mary

Mary,

Go to the nc_test directory and run "make lfs_test"

It might be that your machine can't support large files on the file
system you're using. If so, it would cause the large file tests of
netcdf to fail.

make lfs_test will test that you can actually get files larger than 2
GB, without netcdf. The test uses the dd command to create a very
large file. If it doesn't work, it's not a netcdf problem, but a file
system/OS problem.

Good luck,

Ed