Re: 20050329: netcdf 3.6.0p1 opteron cluster

Unidata Support <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

This is the case. The Intel fortran compiler is not one of the ones
that netCDF automatically configures for in the 3.6.0p1 release. I
hope to add this to the 3.6.1 release, and subsequent releases. As you
can imagine, customizing the configure for new compilers is an ongoing
chore, and I only got my local copy of Intel fortran a little while
ago.

> I have read and used the tipf for 'other-builds.html'
> http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#Linux_ifort-360
>    as pertains to "Linux x86 with Intel ifort 8.1 fortran compiler'
>
> BTW - the one by Arnaud Desitter cannot possibly create the F90
> interface.

Why not?

> The one by Richard P. Signell is what has worked for me with the 8.0 Intel
> compiler on other architectures, but does not work on lightning.
> Also -- the 'successful build output' link is broken.

Sorry, I've fixed that. Try the settings there and see if they work
for you.

source ~/local/bin/ifortvars.sh
sh-3.00$ export CPPFLAGS=-DpgiFortran
sh-3.00$ export FC=ifort
sh-3.00$ export FFLAGS="-g -O2 -mp -recursive"

(Note that I have to source ifortvars.sh to get the intel compiler to
work on my machine - perhaps you are executing this automatically on
login, or something like that.)

Sorry, but my mail reader tells me that your BASE64 message below is
not right. I wonder if you could send the output of configure and make
test as plain ascii.

(Don't forget to do a make distclean before retrying the build).

Please let me know how this works out for you.

Thanks,

Ed

--
Ed Hartnett  -- address@hidden