Re: 20050304: netCDF Fortran (77 + 90) - Failure of prebuilt libraries (fwd)

>>To: address@hidden
>>From: "Gary Moore" <address@hidden>
>>Subject: netCDF Fortran (77 + 90) - Failure of prebuilt libraries
>
> Institution: Earth tech
> Package Version: version 3.6.0
> Operating System: Window 2000 and XP
> Hardware Information: Intel P4 and AMD XP (no Athlon-64\'s)
> Inquiry: Lahey Computer
> LF95 Pro v5.6
> Problem: Onerous changes are required to make executables and one must
> include
> the MSVC linker. Name mangling used by UNIDATA is not standard according to
> Lahey support staff. I need a foolproof, simple static library that people
> who
> have no adminstrative rights to install software like the visual C++ linker
> can link to. It seems that writing a kluge atop NCDUMP and NCGEN is my only
> hope - this is a far, far cry from NETCDF's original goal for transparency.
> Can UNIDATA do something for the corporate IS disabled? We do have to use EPA
> data sets which are being supplied (horrors) as NETCDF. If it were not for
> the
> laborious effort at programming around the unsigned integer oversight on the
> typical fortran compiler I would tackle a reprogramming in pure fortran 95
>>From the XDR up. Has anybody done that?????

Gary,

I'm aware that there are problems with the fortran libraries in the
windows binaries.

Have you tried to build from the source? The fortran name mangling is
caused by a package that creates a fortran interface from C code, and
this is configurable when building from source.

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- address@hidden