Re: 20050302:Broken links

>To: "'Unidata Support'" <address@hidden>
>From: "Laurent Labat" <address@hidden>
>Subject: FW: Broken links

Hi Laurent,

> All the links available here :
> http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/INSTALL.html#ReportingProblems
>
> Are broken. Can you fix these links ?

Thanks for pointing out the problems.  The correct link for
installation documentation is:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install

We'll fix the link you quoted to be redirected to the correct URL.

> I'm looking for a "full release" of NetCdf that I can build on a large
> number of platform (Windows, solaris, Linux). Can you suggest me one
> release ?

Our most recent release is version 3.6.0-p1, available from links
under the "What's New" section on the netCDF front page:

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf

This is for a source distribution.  There are also a few binary
(prebuilt) distributions available from:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/binaries.html

If you have problems on particular platforms, you may want to get the
current beta release (3.6.1-beta3) that fixes a few platform-specific
configuration and build problems:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.Z
or
  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.gz

If you have problems, please follow the troubleshooting guidelines in
the Installation and Porting Guide and send bug reports to
address@hidden.  Thanks!

--Russ

address@hidden          http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ