Re: 20050301: Trouble in configuring NetCDF 3.6.0

Sheo Shanker Prasad <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Ed,
>
> Fantastic. Although I do not understand it, It worked.

Good!

> What was the problem then, because I was making all legitimate
> options.

I would venture to say that you were not!

> ALSO, does it mean that it objecting to creating a 64-bit code (-m64)? Is
> there any way to ascertain whether the library files in /lib or the ncdump or
> ncgen created now are 64 bit or 32 bit?

Without the -m64, it means a 32-bit compile. I suggest you repeat the
build (do a "make distclean") first, and try setting the flags to just
-m64, without setting anything else.

> I am asking these in order to intelligently integrate the  libnetcdf.a*
> libnetcdf_c++.a*  with the main programs that will almost always be in
> 64-bit.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Sheo

As you can imagine, we don't have every brand of compiler out
there. Absoft is one of the ones that we don't have, so I can't help
you out much further, because I simply don't know!

However, if -m64 works, please let me know so I can note it on the web
page.

And if not, well, we'll just keep trying.

Ed

--
Ed Hartnett  -- address@hidden