Re: netcdf-3_6_0-beta6 question

Doug,

>Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:39:18 +0100
>From: <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: netcdf-3_6_0-beta6 question

> Sorry to bother you but I have a quick question. I'm having problems
> building netcdf-3_6_0-beta6 under Windows XP. I sent a detailed email
> about a week ago to address@hidden, with all the configure,
> make logs, etc. However, I've not had a response yet. Is the netcdf
> mailing list a better venue to send my questions?

It looks like your inquiry might have fallen into a crack beteen Ed
Hartnett (who develops the netCDF package) and myself (who answers some
installation questions).

As I recall, your question was about being able to use the "netcdf.mod"
file in other code.  Unfortunately, there is no standard regarding this
file, so the netCDF installation procedure doesn't do much with it.

You should copy the file to a well-known directory which you must then
reference (via some option similar to "-I") on the compilation-line for
the Fortran-90 software that uses the netCDF module.  Consult the
documentation on your Fortran-90 compiler for details.

Contact me if you have further questions.

> Thanks,
> Doug Cripe

Regards,
Steve Emmerson