Re: 20041105: netCDF Windows - Installing Net CDF

Unidata Support <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

The difficulties on PCs are usually caused by the development
environments.

To install the dll, just drop it in \windows\system32. To install the
ncdump and ncgen executables, drop them anywhere in your path (or in
\windows\system32, if you're feeling lazy). That's it - the dll is
installed.

Now the problem is how to use it...

In visual studio.net you import the library from the project
properties page, put the netcdf.h file in your code directory, and
define the preprocessor value DLL_NETCDF.

(In VS.NET terms the netcdf library is unmanaged code).

I don't have LabWindows or JGrasp. Try looking in their documentation
for ways to import dlls of C functions. You may need to create their
equivalent of C prototypes.

If JGrasp is Java based, perhaps the Java version of netcdf would be
more helpful? I don't know enough about JGrasp to say.

Ed Hartnett
Unidata