20041102: netcdf compilation error on linux using PGI Fortran

Cara-Lyn,

>Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:11:17 -0700
>From: Cara-Lyn Lappen <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20041102: netcdf compilation error on linux using PGI Fortran

> I got the license thing figured out- I changed my LM_LICENSE_FILE
> variable and now it
> recognizes the pgf90 compiler
>
> I get more error messages now- I went back in and did the "make
> distclean" again and got new log files-
> here they are:

I appears that you have the same (or similar) problem.  The copy of the
"configure.log" file contained the following:

    checking user-defined Fortran-77 compiler
"/usr/pgi/linux86/5.2/bin/pgf90"... failed to compile test program
    configure: warning: The Fortran-77 interface will not be built

The copy of the "config.log" file contained the reason:

    configure:1383: checking user-defined Fortran-77 compiler
"/usr/pgi/linux86/5.2/bin/pgf90"
    configure:1389: /usr/pgi/linux86/5.2/bin/pgf90 -c -O -w conftest.f
    pgf90-linux86: LICENSE MANAGER PROBLEM: Failed to checkout license
    pgf90-linux86: LICENSE MANAGER PROBLEM: Server node is down or not
responding
     See the system adminstrator about starting the server, or
     make sure the you're referring to the right host (see LM_LICENSE_FILE)
    Feature:       pgf90-linux86
    Hostname:      sinkhole
    License path:  /usr/pgi/license.dat:/usr/local/lib/idl/license/license.dat:
       /Applications/Absoft/lib/license.dat
    FLEXlm error:  -96,482
    For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual,
    available at "www.macrovision.com".

It appears that the licensing problem hasn't been solved yet.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson