Re: netcdf/nco bug

Mike,

> NETCDF_LIB=/usr/local/apps/netcdf-3.6.0-beta6/lib64/r4i4
> NETCDF_INC=/usr/local/apps/netcdf-3.6.0-beta6/include
>
> But I still have the same problem with ncks.
>
> If I build b+a.nc, I get a few vbls out of a but not many.
>
> I'm stumped. I'm going to read your FAQ in depth but if you have any
> further suggestions I'd be anxious to hear them.

One more thing.  I'd be interested in whether ncks linked against
3.6.0-beta6 returned a write error or simply wrote the file with no
indication that anything was amiss.  The latter is possible with
netCDF-3.5.1 and earlier because of undetected integer overflows with
large file system offsets within the library, but with the beta
software I would expect an error if ncks tried to create a classic
file that violated format constraints or at least an assertion failure
from the library.

If ncks appeared to work fine with no indication of any error, I would
consider that a bug in netCDF-3.6.0-beta6 that we need to investigate
further.

--Russ