20040928: building netCDF on OS-X 10.3 using NAGware f95

Markus,

> To: address@hidden
> From: address@hidden
> Subject: trouble with installation on OS-X 10.3 for usage with NAGware f95
> Compiler

>   I work on a Apple G5 computer with OS-X 10.3. I experienced a lot of
> trouble trying to install netcdf for the use  with my NAGware F95
> Compiler.
>   I made changes to the "rules.make" file in order to account for the case
> insensitivity of the  OS-X filesystem. I also followed the advice to
> change "nf_test.F" to
>   use F90_UNIX_ENV, ONLY : iargc, getarg (and erased the line with integer
> iarg).
>   However, I have still problems and came to end with my knowledge (well I
> never used netcdf before).
>
>  PLEASE help me to solve the remaining problem. I attached a pdf with the
> error message from the Makefile. I do not know how to interpret it.
>  If you could assist me, I'd be very delighted!

> Making `all' in directory /Users/superuser/netcdf-3.5.1/src/fortran
> cc -c -O -I../libsrc -DNAGf90Fortran fort-attio.c
> In file included from fort-attio.c:6:
> ncfortran.h:27:42: NF_INT_IS_C_... not defined: No such file or directory

The above indicates that it is not known what C data-type corresponds
to the Fortran INTEGER data-type.  This is normally discovered by the
"configure" script.

Did you execute the "configure" script?

If so, then would you please send me it's output (i.e., its standard
output stream).

I found instructions for building the netCDF library under OS-X 10.2
using the NAG f95 compiler at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html#macosx-nagf95

> Thanks, Markus
>        Markus Schartau / Research Scientist / Oceanography
>        Marine Sciences Research Center (MSRC),
>        SUNY Stony Brook, New York
>        Telephone: ++ 631-632-3087
>        mailto:address@hidden