20040907: NetCDF installation problem

Vladimir,

>Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:26:26 +0200
>From: "Vladimir Meerson" <address@hidden>
>To: "Steve Emmerson" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040817: NetCDF installation problem

> Of cause, I've used egrep command exactly in format of configure script
> ( egrep "(^|[^a-zA-Z_0-9])ssize_t[^a-zA-Z_0-9]"   )
> The "..."  appears in my e-mail only.

Ah!  Good.

This is very strange.  The above indicates that the typedef "ssize_t"
doesn't exist, yet that is inconsistent with the problem you're seeing
due to multiple definitions of "ssize_t".

I must be making a bad assumption, somewhere.

Please do this.  Try to compile the following code

    #include "confdefs.h"
    #include <sys/types.h>
    #include <stdlib.h>
    #include <stddef.h>
    int ssize_t;

This should compile because the symbol "ssize_t" should not be defined.

> I am out of office from tomorrow and I hope we can continue our :-)
> investigations after Sep-01.
>

> Thank you very much for your help
> Best regards,
>
> Vladimir