Re: 20040816: netCDF exiting when att not found

>To: address@hidden
>From: Chris Webster <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF exiting when att not found

Hi Chris,

> I've had this problem before, and I can't readily figure out where in
> the documentation to find the answer (a single page html would be nice
> to search through).  But isn't there some ncerr variable I can change
> the default value of so my program doesn't exit when netCDF API can't
> find a request?

You must be using a netCDF version 2 interface if it's exiting on
error.  The default for netCDF-3 interfaces is to just return an error
code for any error, not to exit.

The online documentation for error handling for the version 2 interface
is here for both C and Fortran (not sure which one you're using):

  http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/guide_6.html#SEC37

--Russ