20040819: netCDF Decoders - ncdump.exe source

>From: "Ben Beroukhim" <address@hidden>

Ben,

>Institution: AWS
>Package Version: netCDF 3.5.0 libraries for Win 95/98/NT
>Operating System: Win 2000
>Hardware Information: INEL
>Inquiry: I am looking as an example how to read netcdf files using netcdf.dll
>There is ncdump.exe which uses the .dll

In order for applications to use netcdf.dll (those that call the entry
points in the netCDF library), the directory containing netcdf.dll must
be included the PATH that is defined (see Windows documentation for
information on modifying PATH).

>Can I get source,

Full source for the netCDF is available by anonymous FTP:

machine:    ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
user:       anonymous
pass:       address@hidden
directory:  pub/netcdf
file:       netcdf-3.5.1.zip
            -- or --
            netcdf-3.5.1.tar.Z
            -- or --
            netcdf-3.5.0.ZIP
            -- or --
            netcdf-3.5.0.tar.Z

Since you are using 3.5.0, you should grab the netcdf-3.5.0.ZIP or .tar.Z
file.

>or an another example how to use the .dll to dump a netcdf file

'netcdf.dll' will be used _if_ it is in your PATH for all programs
linked against the netCDF library.

>I do appreciate all the help

No worries.

>Ben Beroukhim