Re: Barry Schwartz's Fortran code to read NetCDF files

Hi Adam,

> I am a graduate student at the University of Alberta, Canada. I have
> some atmospheric and surface data I downloaded from CDC's database for
> use in my research. I was trying to use Barry Schwartz's Fortran code
> (gennet_f) I found at
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/Contrib.html to read the
> NetCDF files but there seems to be some missing subroutines. Would you
> kindly help me how I can get the missing functions and/or subroutines
> (NCOPN, NCINQ, NCDINQ, NCVINQ, NCANAM, and NCAINQ)?

Those functions are part of the Fortran interface to the netCDF
library, so you need to install the netCDF library to get them.

You can get the source and build it from the netCDF web site at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/

or install a binary distribution if you have a common platform.

--Russ

address@hidden          http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ