20040727: SUSE 9.1 - configure script can not find compilers (cont.)

>From: "Leonard Montenegro" <address@hidden>

Leonard,

>>'configure' script is not setup to know where to look for them.
>
>Can you please let me now how to set up the configure script to find the
>PG compilers?

The easiest thing for you to do is define the environment variables we
talked about in previous emails.  Otherwise, each time you do a netCDF
upgrade, you would be forced to muck with the contents of 'configure';
this is a lot more work than defining the environment variables and
could lead to a lot more problems.

I suggest defining the environment variables in your shell-specific
definition file: .cshrc for C Shell; .bashrc for bash; .profile for
Bourne shell, etc.  By defining them in the shell definition file,
you will not be forced into redefining them from the command line
each time you want to build.

>Or, can you tell me which compilers I should be using and where to put
>them so the configure script can find them?

For the platform you are working on, the best and easiest thing for
you to do now is define the needed environment variables.

>Thanks

No worries.