20040701: netCDF install problem with pgf90 compiler RH Enterprise 3

>From: "JaYeon Moon" <address@hidden>

JaYeon,

>Institution: University of Hawaii
>Package Version: netcdf3.5.1
>Operating System: Linux Redhat enterprise
>Hardware Information: Linux 2.4.21-4 ELsmp
>Inquiry: Could you help me to install netcdf on Linux redhat enterprise using
> pgf90 compiler?
>Please send me the options.
>I have tried many options but none of them worked well.
>Thanks.

Please try setting the environment variables listed in:

Installation instructions
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/INSTALL.html

under the Linux section:

Linux
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/INSTALL.html#linux

The set that should work is:

CC=/usr/bin/gcc
CPPFLAGS='-DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran'
CFLAGS=-O
FC=/opt/pgi/linux86/bin/pgf90
FFLAGS='-O -w'
CXX=/usr/bin/g++

After setting these environment variables, you will need to restart
the netCDF build from the beginning:

cd <where ever you are attempting the build>
make distclean
./configure
make

Cheers,