20040618: netcdf-3.5.1 on Solaris

Matt,

>Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:35:45 -0400 (EDT)
>From: <address@hidden>
>To: <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: netcdf-3.5.1 on Solaris

> Thanks so much for your help, ok here we go:
> C: attached
> D:
>   fortran-/usr/pgi/solaris86/bin/pgf90
>   c-/usr/pgi/solaris86/bin/pgcc
>   c++-none
> E: attached
> F: attached
> G: attached

The file "macros.make" contained the following:

    CFLAGS          = -c -O -DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran

The "-c" option in the above is an error as is the "-DNDEBUG", and
"-DpgiFortran" flags.

Please try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source-directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 and 4, described at

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/INSTALL.html#ReportingProblems

    3.  Set the following environment variables to the indicated values.
        How, exactly, this is done will depend on your user-shell.

            CC=pgcc
            CPPFLAGS='-DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran'
            CFLAGS=-O
            FC=pgf90
            FFLAGS="-O -w"
            CXX=

    4.  Perform steps 5 through 9, described at

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/INSTALL.html#ReportingProblems

> I really appreciate you helping me out with this.  I look forward to
> talking to you soon.
>
> Matt

Regards,
Steve Emmerson