20040520: How to install netcdf 3.5.1

>From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Quang=20Ngoc=20Nguyen?= <address@hidden>

BA,

First, I apologize for not getting back to you on this before now.

>I am runing intel fortran compile 8.0 (ifort) on Redhat Linux 9.0 set
>up in IntelPenturm IV proccessor. Could you show me how to install
>netcdf 3.5.1 on this system.

We got the following report from a user on building the netCDF in
an environment very similar to yours:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html#32-bit%20linux%20opteron%20ifort%203.5.1

The jist of this web page is the setting of needed environment variables
before 'configure' is run:

  Christoph Arns successfully built a 32-bit netCDF package on an AMD
  Opteron system running Linux Fedora Core 1 using the ifort(1)
  compiler:

  I would like to report a successfull build including make test for the
  following platform:

  AMD Opteron Fedora Linux, ifort compiler (32-bit installation):

  setenv FC  ifort;
  setenv F90 ifort;
  setenv FLIBS -Vaxlib;
  setenv FFLAGS "-O -mp -static-libcxa";
  setenv CPPFLAGS "-DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran";
  setenv CC gcc;
  setenv CFLAGS "-O2 -funroll-loops -m32 -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -ffast-math";
  setenv CXX g++;
  setenv CXXFLAGS "-O2 -funroll-loops -m32 -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -ffast-math";
  setenv FFLAGS "-O -mp -cm -w95 -static-libcxa -Wl,-m elf_i386";
  setenv F90FLAGS "-O -mp -cm -w95 -static-libcxa -Wl,-m elf_i386";

>Thanks,

Please let us know of the above did not help.

>BA. Quangngoc
>Vietnam - Marine Hydro-Meteorology Center

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden  Wed Jun  9 02:21:55 2004

Thanks for your guide,
I followed your guide and have installed successful. I also used pgf90
to install netcdf library and get the success. Now I can use it.

BA. Quang Ngoc