Re: 20040512: Reporting Problems : Installing NetCDF

Bordier,

> To: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
> From: bordier <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: 20040512: Reporting Problems : Installing NetCDF

> The following steps are correct :
>
>    1. I have read INSTALL document
>    2.  I went to the top-level netCDF source directory, src/.
>    3. I have executed the command "make distclean".
>    4. I have re-execute the |configure| script and I have the file
>       "configure.log".
>
> But unfortunately, when I execute the command "make" I have this error :
>
> - HP9000s300/s700/s800 Latest test with: HP-UX A.08.07 A 9000/730
> - LynxO
> S: cc or gcc with f2c.                                            -
> VAXUltrix: v
> cc,cc or gcc with f2c. gcc or cc with f77.                 -
> f77 with
>  vcc works; but missing link magic for f77 I/O.     -            NO
> fort. None o
> f gcc, cc or vcc generate required names.    - f2c    : Use #define
> f2cFortra
> n, or cc -Df2cFortran                 - NAG f90: Use #define
> NAGf90Fortran, or c
> c -DNAGf90Fortran              - Absoft UNIX F77: Use #define
> AbsoftUNIXFortran
> or cc -DAbsoftUNIXFortran     - Absoft Pro Fortran: Use #define
> AbsoftProFortran
>      - Portland Group Fortran: Use #define pgiFortran"
> make[2]: *** [fort-attio.o] Erreur 1
> make[2]: Quitte le répertoire
> `/home/bordier/Autre_personne/Jerome/Prog/netcdf-3
> .5.0/src/fortran'
> make[1]: *** [subdir_target] Erreur 1
> make[1]: Quitte le répertoire
> `/home/bordier/Autre_personne/Jerome/Prog/netcdf-3
> .5.0/src'
> make: *** [fortran/all] Erreur 2
>
> Could you say me why and how solve this problem ?
> Thanks

You must define a C macro in the environment variable CPPFLAGS before
executing the configure script.  The C macro tells the C compiler
what Fortran calling-conventions to use.

If you tell me what operating-system and Fortran compiler you are using,
then I can tell you what C macro to set.

Otherwise, you can look at the examples for the CPPFLAGS environment
variable at

    http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/INSTALL.html

Regards,
Steve Emmerson